THE REAL PASSIONATE PIZZA CHEF
You might not believe it, but for this job we start with two questions; does your heart have the shape of a pizza, and is tomato sauce flowing through your veins? If at least one answer is si, you’re halfway there. Do you have the knowledge and experience to build the reputation of the kitchen operations? The coming years are a huge challenge and a great opportunity to teach and learn. Ready to build a legacy?
THE VEGITALIAN WAY
At Vegitalian we wake up, cook, meet and serve with a leading purpose every day: to firepower the plant-based food revolution. We wish to make people and our planet happier and healthier, by simply doing what we love: serving customers a new experience of vegetarian and plant-based food. To do so, we are passionately working on growing Vegitalian from a sustainable restaurant, into an accessible, high-quality life-style-food brand. With a clear vision for our future and our ambition to expand internationally, we are seeking someone that is truly convinced in Vegitalian.
THIS IS WHERE YOU COME IN
Wondering how you could become a hero on our mission? This is what we had in mind (you don’t need superpowers):
As a pizzaiolo, you were born with a gift; baking happiness! Together with the Sous Chef and the Head Chef you are responsible for the culinary standards of the restaurant. Monitoring the Vegitalian way of working in the pizza partie; you proudly follow the recipes during service. The kitchen feels like home to you, but you also like to interact with guests, as you‘ll be in the spotlight at the center stage in the restaurant. In between the fun, the flow and the spotlight, you ensure compliance with all government regulations concerning hygiene and HACCP.
You work closely with the other sections of the kitchen, the restaurant supervisors and location manager to ensure smooth and profitable overall operations. And to convey your passion, you are, moreover, responsible for the onboarding and training of (new) pizzaiolo’s.
In this role, you have the privilege and opportunity to be part of the realizers of our brand. By consistently encouraging and embodying Vegitalian’s values and DNA, you bring our concept to life and contribute to building a strong and unified brand. You take satisfaction in engaging staff members. And together with your team, you are determined to create an inclusive working climate where growth and curiosity are highly rewarded.
WHO YOU ARE
to be successful in this role, we believe that you:
- have at least 1 year of relevant experience in various kitchens.
- have passion for food and knowledge about the products we work with.
- love the hectic and high-energy environment of a restaurant kitchen.
- manage the basics kitchen techniques.
- are proactive and eager to learn.
- are comfortable in an ambitious and informal working environment with team members from around the world.
- care about the engagement and recognition of staff and colleagues, in order to support their growth.
- are happy to create an inclusive and safe working climate, and know how to embody this as a role model.
- are legally allowed to work in the Netherlands.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- A young and dynamic company with serious ambitions.
- A serious chance to learn and grow in your role, with the potential for future growth of Vegitalian.
- A job with a purpose and a wonderful workplace to call home, with fun and like-minded colleagues.
- Comfortable working hours.
- Our team is diverse, representing more than one nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, culture and personality type. That’s what makes our team so special.
- We want you to be you.