Can you think of something better than leading the restaurant operations as an entrepreneur, while having the comfort and safety of an ambitious company having your back? If you are driven, enthusiastic and eager to turn ‘your’ location into a great success, let’s talk! You’re just the one we’re looking for.
THE VEGITALIAN WAY
At Vegitalian we wake up, cook, meet and serve with a leading purpose every day: to firepower the plant-based food revolution. We wish to make people and our planet happier and healthier, by simply doing what we love: serving customers a new experience of vegetarian and plant-based food. To do so, we are passionately working on growing Vegitalian from a sustainable restaurant, into an accessible, high-quality life-style-food brand. With a clear vision for our future and our ambition to expand internationally, we are seeking someone that is truly convinced in Vegitalian.
THIS IS WHERE YOU COME IN // YOUR PERSONAL MISSION
Wondering how you could become a hero on our mission? This is what we had in mind (you don’t need superpowers):
As the mood-is-always-good restaurant manager, you are the pillar of strength and the caretaker of one of our Vegitalian restaurants. You can’t wait to create the desired Vegitalian guest experience and turn the Vegitalian guests into raving fans of plant-based food.
The team is diverse and consists of people from different nationalities, gender, cultures and personality types; your natural leadership skills will help to build, lead and inspire a motivated, happy restaurant team. Together with the location manager you are responsible for the behavior of your team members. You see it as your challenge to manage, train and recruit this brigade of restaurant staff, to ensure a real sense of passion and community. The dynamics of the operation gives you energy, as you are structured, well organized and you have great planning skills. Ready to rule this restaurant as if it were your own?
In this role, you have the privilege and opportunity to be part of the realizers of our brand. By consistently encouraging and embodying Vegitalian’s values and DNA, you bring our concept to life and contribute to building a strong and unified brand. You take satisfaction in engaging staff members. And together with your team, you are determined to create an inclusive working climate where growth and curiosity are highly rewarded.
WHO YOU ARE
to be successful in this role, we believe that you:
- are a people person, you know how to deal with the variety of characters, cultures and experiences in your team.
- have a minimum of 3 years relevant management experience in various restaurants.
- get energy from coaching and developing teams
- are an inspirational people leader; you know exactly how to move and motivate your team.
- feel comfortable to work closely with the other department supervisors and location manager to ensure smooth and profitable overall operations.
- know (or you’re eager to learn) how to maintain staff payroll, monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on labor costs and front of house purchases.
- care about the engagement and recognition of staff and colleagues, in order to support their growth.
- are happy to create an inclusive and safe working climate, and know how to embody this as a role model.
- You’re legally allowed to work in the Netherlands.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- A young and dynamic company with serious ambitions.
- A serious chance to learn and grow in your role, with the potential for future growth of Vegitalian.
- A job with a purpose and a wonderful workplace to call home, with fun and like-minded colleagues.
- Comfortable working hours.
- Our team is diverse, representing more than one nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, culture and personality type. That’s what makes our team so special.
- We want you to be you.