Vegitalian is here to change the game of the food industry. But to help us doing so, we’re looking for a passionate head chef, who is ready to take ownership of our kitchen(s) and its chefs. Are you a people-person that brings a great sense of ownership and personality to the team? Are you an experienced kitchen manager with a real passion for fresh, healthy, sustainable and revolutionary food? Do you want to be part of our mission and lead the kitchen operations to make it a huge success? This is where your journey begins!
THE VEGITALIAN WAY
At Vegitalian we wake up, cook, meet and serve with a leading purpose every day: to firepower the plant-based food revolution. We wish to make people and our planet happier and healthier, by simply doing what we love: serving customers a new experience of vegetarian and plant-based food. To do so, we are passionately working on growing Vegitalian from a sustainable restaurant, into an accessible, high-quality life-style-food brand. With a clear vision for our future and our ambition to expand internationally, we are seeking someone that is truly convinced in Vegitalian.
THIS IS WHERE YOU COME IN
Wondering how you could become a hero on our mission? This is what we had in mind (you don’t need superpowers):
How does one change the game of the food industry? It all starts in the kitchen! As a head chef, it’ll be your priority to create a clean, safe, inclusive and fun working environment for the team; a breeding ground for game changers. Your focus is divided between the kitchen and people. With a helicopter view you structure and organize the kitchen purchasing and production schedule. Also, you are responsible for schedule related subjects like productivity, sick reports and leave requests. Part of your people-operations is to maintain the staff payroll.
You consider it as your challenge to monitor the budget and control expenses with a focus on food, waste and labor costs. During the process, you ensure compliance with all government regulations concerning health, safety, HACCP and other requirements.
It is your personal mission to manage, train, recruit and develop a brigade of chefs to ensure a real sense of passion and community.
In this role, you have the privilege and opportunity to be part of the realizers of our brand. By consistently encouraging and embodying Vegitalian’s values and DNA, you bring our concept to life and contribute to building a strong and unified brand. You take satisfaction in engaging staff members. And together with your team, you are determined to create an inclusive working climate where growth and curiosity are highly rewarded.
WHO YOU ARE
to be successful in this role, we believe that you:
- have at least 4 years of relevant experience in various kitchens, as sous chef or head chef
- are full of knowledge and have a real passion for vegetarian and Italian food
- are comfortable dealing with the time limits and high-quality standard, as you have a helicopter view and excellent planning skills.
- observe the need of training and instructions and you are experienced in coaching and educating (young) kitchen staff.
- love and appreciate the hectic and high energy vibes of a restaurant kitchen.
- feel comfortable in an ambitious and informal working environment with team members from around the world
- are proactive and have an innovative mind-set focused on constant improvement
- can be a source of inspiration as you lead and motivate the kitchen team
- care about the engagement and recognition of staff and colleagues, in order to support their growth
- are happy to create an inclusive and safe working climate, and know how to embody this as a role model
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- A young and dynamic company with serious ambitions.
- A serious chance to learn and grow in your role, with the potential for future growth of Vegitalian.
- A job with a purpose and a wonderful workplace to call home, with fun and like-minded colleagues.
- Comfortable working hours.
- Our team is diverse, representing more than one nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, culture and personality type. That’s what makes our team so special.
- We want you to be you.